How to build mp4v2 for Leopard compatibility.
1. Download mp4v2-r355 from the MP4v2 project.
2. Setup these environment variables:
export CFLAGS=”-isysroot /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.5.sdk”
export CXXFLAGS=”-isysroot /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.5.sdk”
3. Run configure with the following command: (refer to mp4v2 issue 58)
./configure –disable-gch –enable-ub=ppc,i386,x86_64
4. Go to the “.libs” directory that contains the compiled mp4v2 library and adjust the imports:
install_name_tool -id @executable_path/../Frameworks/libmp4v2.2.dylib libmp4v2.2.dylib
for v in mp4* ; do install_name_tool -change /usr/local/lib/libmp4v2.2.dylib @executable_path/../Frameworks/libmp4v2.2.dylib $v; done
5. All done. The mp4* executables should be placed in the standard “MacOS” folder of the application bundle and the dynamic library libmp4v2.2.dylib should be placed in the standard Frameworks folder.
0 thoughts on “Building mp4v2 library for Leopard compatibility”
You must log in to post a comment.